Survival Tip #5:
Keep your reputation intact and avoid becoming another Vodka Fountain statistic with these helpful tips for mixing work with play:
- Abide by the three-drink rule. Once you have had three drinks, put your business cards away. Take a break from discussing business and politics. Arguing your position on tax cuts in an Irish accent on the stage at Sinclair’s won’t win you any votes.
- Keep your voice low when discussing which attendee you would like to vote off the island. Sound carries on the high seas.
- Plan ahead. If you see a walk-of-shame in your future, rent a bike.
- Exercise caution when climbing into the horse carriage. One misstep can land you in deep doodie (literally).
- Treat the ice luge like it’s your personal water fountain. Keep your lips to yourself.
- Be a food vacuum. The shrimp is certainly delicious, but this isn’t your last meal.
- Dance on anything, but a dance floor.
- Unintentionally hand out your room key instead of your business card ;)
- Save your big pitch for last call. This will only ensure that you never get a call.
- Try to match wits with L. Brooks – it is a battle you will never win.
- Think what happens in Mackinac, stays in Mackinac. It doesn’t. See Observation badge for further explanation.
Once you feel you've mastered each of van Steuben's survival tips, head on over to the Recharge Survival Zone in the Gallery of the Grand Hotel to receive your badges. When all badges have been achieved, hand in a business card at the Recharge Survival Zone and a free Survive MPC shirt will be sent to you!